Easy French Rope Braid Tutorial.If you want to try to make a French Rope Braid, it would be best to learn the French Braid first, and the regular Rope Braid. You may also need an extra pair of hands. Don't worry, with a little practice the final result should look something like this.
Here's what a French Rope Braid looks like.
1. To start, take a section from the top of the head as if you were going to make a French Braid. Separate this section into three strands of hair. Bring the right strand over the middle and then the left strand over the middle.
2. Hold all 3 strands in your left hand. (Make sure you keep them separate) Gather a small even section from the right side and add it to the right strand.
3. Now you are going to start to wind this strand to the right.
5. Now gather another section from the left side and add it to the left strand.
6. Wind the strand to the right. This is when you may need an extra set of hands.
7. With your left hand bring the wound right strand over to the left. Now, the right twist is now left. The left twist is in the middle and the other strand is on the right ready to have hair added to it.
8. You are going to repeat steps 2 thru 4 until all of the hair is caught in this braid.
Finish off with a Rope Braid and fasten with an elastic.
Also Try These Braids:
Back to: Learn to Braid Your Hair
Split Ends?: Do you have split ends or need a simple detangler? Read some home remedies for your hair, or submit your remedy here: Home Remedies for Damaged HairNew Pages
Quitting Smoking with E-Cigs? - Here's how it worked out for us
Everything Made in China? - How is it that everything in my house has a Made in China tag?
Prepare for a Recession? - A list of some things we are going to do to try to prepare for a recession.
Ron Paul on a Peace Pole - Do you know what a Peace Pole is?
We Put Solar Lights in our House - Why not put outdoor solar lights "inside" the house?
Wind Turbine Test - We started thinking about how we could build a wind turbine to generate our own electricity.